Events Tracker

Wind down the semester with these 5 events

Joe Zhao | Asst. Photo Editor

In celebration of Earth Day, Syracuse University Libraries will welcome scientists and researchers to a panel discussion in Bird Library. The conversation will explore plastic’s impact on today’s society.

The Afterlives of Plastics: A Panel Conversation
On Earth Day, Syracuse University Libraries will host a panel discussion for Bird Library’s current exhibit, “Plasticized: The Proliferation of Plastics in the 20th Century.” The panelists include scientists and urban policy researchers who will discuss the environmental impact of plastics. The discussion will be streamed on Zoom, but in-person attendance is highly encouraged.
Where: Bird Library 114
When: April 22 from 3-4:15 p.m.

Full Moon Ceremony
Join SU community members to welcome the new moon on Shaw Quadrangle. During the ceremony, attendees can greet the moon and pray for the community, sending forward best wishes for the new moon cycle.
Where: Shaw Quadrangle
When: April 23 from 6:30-7:30 p.m.

Award-Winning Filmmaker and Author Curtis Chin Visiting Syracuse
On his 100+ location book tour, Curtis Chin is stopping at SU to share his expertise, chat with readers and answer questions. His book, “Everything I Learned, I Learned in a Chinese Restaurant: A Memoir,” has been featured in publications including the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and Time Magazine since its release. The SU bookstore will provide copies for purchase during the event.
Where: Hinds Hall 347
When: April 23 from 3:30-4:30 p.m.

Senior Fashion Show
Cheer on SU’s fashionistas in the Senior Fashion Show, featuring work by senior fashion design majors in the School of Design. There are two shows, one at 3 p.m. and the other at 7 p.m. Tickets are free on Eventbrite, but be sure to RSVP.
Where: Nancy Cantor Warehouse, 7th floor
When: April 25 from 3-4 p.m. and 7-8 p.m.

Spring Fishing
Enjoy a session of catch-and-release fishing this month with Carpenter’s Brook Fish Hatchery. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own bait and tackle, and no fishing license is required. Admission is $5 per person.
Where: Carpenter’s Brook Fish Hatchery
When: Every Wednesday and Saturday from April 24 to May 22